People who notice nail discoloration should consult a skin specialist in Lahore to detect the cause of the condition. Yellow nails can indicate that the individual is suffering from another medical or skin condition, such as psoriasis. Early diagnosis and timely treatment prevent further complications.
People who want shiny nails to enhance their appearance can try remedies; however, the individual must discuss their symptoms, such as color change, with a dermatologist for guidance regarding effective treatment options. The effective remedies to get shinier and healthier nails are:
- Few Drops of Olive Oil:Few drops of olive oil help remove dirt and provide instant shine to the nails. Use warm water to remove the excess. Repeat the remedy thrice a week to notice visible improvement in the nails’ health.
- Lemon Juice and Rose Water: Consistent use of rose water helps keep the skin around the nails moisturized. Also, it provides natural pinkness that enhances the appearance. It helps remove the spots from the nails. Use rose water with a few drops of lemon juice thrice a week for shine.
- Use of Petroleum Jelly:Petroleum jelly retains moisture and prevents dryness, which leads to dullness. Individuals should apply petroleum jelly after taking a shower to help retain moisture and provide shine to the nails.
- Scrubbing: The exfoliation helps remove the dead skin that may be causing dryness around the nail bed. The individual can use toothpaste and a soft brush to help remove the dirt and provide an instant glow to the hands.
- A mixture of Lemon Juice and Vinegar in Warm Water: Environmental stressors affect the skin and nails’ health. Pollution can cause spots on the nails, causing brittleness. Individuals can use vinegar and lemon juice to massage the nails and wash them using warm water. Repeat the remedy once a week only, as it can cause dryness causing extreme discomfort.
- Cucumber Slices:Rubbing a slice of cucumber helps the nails look shinier and healthier. It provides instant shine; hence, people can repeat the remedy daily to notice a visible improvement.
- Massage with Butter: Butter contains vitamins A, B, and E, potassium, sodium, calcium, zinc, iron, and magnesium that help the nails grow faster. People who want to have shiny nails must massage their hands with butter twice a day.
- Massage with Coconut Oil:Coconut oil is proven effective in preventing fungal infections that can lead to multiple skin problems. Individuals must massage their hands twice a week with a few drops of coconut oil.
- Increase Water Intake:People who consume 1.2 liters of water daily have clearer, smoother, and brighter skin and nails. Hence, people who notice extreme dryness around the nails must prioritize their health by increasing their water intake.
- Use Omega-3:Fatty fish contain omega-3s that help the nails look shiny. Therefore, people who want to enhance their physical health and appearance must prioritize their food intake. People can take cod liver oil as per the instructions of the specialist to have strong and shiny nails.
- Take Primrose Oil Capsule: The gamma-linoleic acid and linoleic acid in the primrose oil capsule provide the individual with stronger, brighter, cleaner, and shinier nails. Individuals must consult a specialist before consuming supplements.
- Change in Dietary Intake: Hydrochloric acid helps absorb the nutrients in the body. Lack of hydrochloric acid can affect the skin and nails’ health. Therefore, people must prioritize their dietary intake. It is beneficial to consume ACV, lemon juice, and olives. People consuming apple cider vinegar and lemon juice must dilute it with water to reduce the chances of suffering from burning sensations.
People with prior skin and medical conditions must discuss their lifestyle changes and use of supplements with a competent and reliable dermatologist in Karachi. The specialist will provide guidance regarding dietary and lifestyle modifications to enhance the appearance without further complications.